Easter Province Governor Rohitha Bogollagama’s wife Deepti Bogollagama and his daughter surrendered to court today over an assault case.The Colombo Chief Magistrate had earlier ordered the arrest of Rohitha Bogollagama’s wife and daughter. Deepti Bogollagama and her daughter were granted bail after they surrendered to court. (Colombo Gazette) The court order was issued over an attempted assault on a woman earlier this year.The Colombo Chief Magistrate ordered that Deepti Bogollagama and her daughter be arrested and produced before court.
- Calcutta HC judge bars journalists from entering her courtroom
- Foreigners return home with mudra and meditation
- SC extends protection from arrest to Chidambaram till Thursday in INX Media
- Loblaw recalls chicken nuggets over salmonella concern
- Alberta contributes more to Canada than any other province