eHealth-Africa in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has turned over Emergency Operations Centers (EOCs) constructed across the country to 11 of the 15 county health teams. eHealth-Africa constructed and operated 15 of the EOCs in the country during the Ebola outbreak, but is now phasing out the project. With the turn-over exercise, the Ministry of Health will now take over the project.The weeklong turning over exercise was carried out simultaneously by three teams (A, B, C) across the country. Team A covered Rivercess, Sinoe, Grand Kru and Maryland counties.Team B included Grand Cape Mount, Grand Bassa and Bomi counties, while Team C turned over EOCs in Lofa, Nimba, Grand Gedeh and River Gee counties.Each of the EOCs consists of a conference room and work station that are well equipped with internet service for effective reporting of emergency cases, desk phones, laptops, projectors, flat screen televisions, white boards, among other equipment.The facilities were provided by eHealth-Africa through funding from the CDC as part of efforts by the United States government to help build a resilient health sector in Liberia. The facilities are also meant to fight Ebola and other diseases in Liberia through an effective Internet Technology (IT) System.eHealth-Africa originally operated in Nigeria where through its communication system fought significantly against the spread of Ebola virus disease (EVD) and the eradication of Polio in that West African state.During the handing over of the facility in Sinoe County, Senator, J. Milton Teajay, expressed appreciation to the US government for aiding the people of Liberia at a most critical time.He described the handover as a manifestation of true traditional friendship and love for humanity.He lauded the CDC and eHealth-Africa for their willingness to come and help save the lives of Liberians at a most critical and devastating time in the country’s history.The Sinoe lawmaker meanwhile assured eHealth-Africa and the CDC that the facilities will be used for the intended purpose.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Tottenham have been linked with moves for Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale, Aston Villa man Jack Grealish, and Manchester United winger Anthony Martial, but it remains unclear whether any of these transfers will happen.“Last season I told you some numbers, but this season we don’t know,” he told reporters.“I don’t know if we are going to sign [anyone] or not. We’re working on that. I cannot tell you if we’re going to sign one, zero or two or three or four.”He added: “I think I am working and focused on trying to deliver my job, our job. I try to prepare the team. That’s the focus and we’re concentrating on that.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino. Photo/TEAM TALKNAIROBI, Kenya, July 31 – Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has revealed that he doesn’t know if the club will bring in any new players before the start of the Premier League season.Spurs are yet to add any fresh faces to their squad this transfer window, despite Pochettino previously stating that he wants the club to be “brave” and “take risks” in the market to compete with the top clubs in England.