Job Vacancy: Experienced administrator required

first_imgDonegal Travellers Project is seeking to recruit a part-time/temporary administrator.The desirable candidate will have:At least 5 years experience in a busy officeAdministration skills including financeTo apply: Apply in writing with CV toSiobhan Mc Laughlin,Donegal Travellers ProjectPort HousePort RoadLetterkennyCo. Donegalor via email travcom@eircom.netTel: 0749129281 Closing Date: 11th August 2017Job Vacancy: Experienced administrator required was last modified: July 31st, 2017 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Donegal Traveller’s ProjectFinanceJob VacancyOffice Administratorlast_img read more

Read More

Plans for customs checks on island of Ireland under new UK Proposals

first_imgBoris Johnson’s letter to the EU including his plans for the Irish Backstop has been released this afternoon (Weds).The British prime minister finally tabled his alternative proposals to the backstop this evening, including a plan for checks both on the island of Ireland and in the Irish Sea.The EU and Irish government will seek time to study the document but ultimately there is little hope that it will break the impasse. The Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) has endorsed Boris Johnson’s offer to the EU.Speaking before seeing the proposals, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar said what is being put forward “is not promising and does not appear to form the basis of an agreement”.He said he wanted to see the plans in writing before coming to a “definitive conclusion”.The Taoiseach will discuss the situation with Mr Johnson by telephone later.“Nobody in Northern Ireland wants checks on the border between north and south, nobody in the Republic of Ireland wants checks on the border between north and south. So why would any British government want to force that on Irish people north and south who don’t want them?” Advertisement Ireland has always maintained that anything short of an invisible border would under the Good Friday Agreement (GFA) and peace on this island.Plans for customs checks on island of Ireland under new UK Proposals was last modified: October 2nd, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read More

Despite late comeback, Warriors fall to Jazz 113-109

first_imgSALT LAKE CITY — On the final leg of the longest trip so far of the season, with a whittled down roster and looking up at a 20-point deficit at the start of the fourth quarter, the Warriors had every reason to concede defeat.The Warriors (3-14) concluded a four-game trip with a 113-110 loss to the Utah Jazz on Friday at Vivint Smart Home Arena, but will return to the Bay Area with a spark provided by a late rally and exciting ending.With only eight players available, Warriors coach Steve …last_img read more

Read More

‘Lesson learned’: Early setbacks in 2019 won’t deter Team Lakay

first_imgFrom left: Team Lakay’s Joshua Pacio, Geje Eustaquio, Mark Sangiao, Kevin Belingon, Eduard Folayang, and Stephen Loman hoist their hardwares. Denison Rey A. Dalupang/INQUIRERTeam Lakay head coach Mark Sangiao isn’t the type who dwells on the past especially if it involves his fighters losing two world titles in just a six-day span.Instead, Sangiao would rather focus on the present and future of his prized warriors.ADVERTISEMENT View comments ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes PDEA chief backs Robredo in revealing ‘discoveries’ on drug war But if there’s a blueprint for Team Lakay to follow and overcome adversities, the famed stable doesn’t need to look far.“These setbacks are not a reason for us to stop. Like Geje Eustaquio said, Eduard Folayang didn’t become a world champion until he was 34 years old,” he said.“This is a lesson learned. We have such huge respect for ONE Championship and we are very thankful to the organization for giving us these opportunities.”Sangiao has no doubt his fighters have what it takes to bounce back.“Others wouldn’t know what it took us to get here,” Sangiao said. “It’s so hard for us, but we have to remain positive and rise again.”ADVERTISEMENT PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss MOST READ Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town LATEST STORIES Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusationscenter_img “Things happen, it’s been done. We can be mad, but doing so could only lead to losing ourselves. There is no going back so the best thing to do is to work hard again. My only plea is to give the athletes what they deserve. It’s painful,” Sangiao said.“Like I said, what they do is not easy. They have to go through so many sacrifices and what they do is something that ordinary people can’t do. The hardship they go through each day is unreal. So again, I hope they give the athletes what they rightfully deserve.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine ‍football chiefSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsLast Friday, Geje Eustaquio lost his ONE world flyweight title to Brazilian rival Adriano Moraes before a hometown crowd at Mall of Asia Arena.Eustaquio’s unanimous decision loss also came just six days after teammate Joshua Pacio yielded the strawweight strap to Japanese strongman Yosuke Saruta in Jakarta, Indonesia by split decision. SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Dani Ravena has had enough of bashers saying her family paid for spot in Ateneo roster US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrantslast_img read more

Read More

Bayern Munich’s decline laid bare by Liverpool

first_imgUrgent reply from Philippine ‍football chief Bayern forward Robert Lewandowski reacts during the Champions League round of 16 second leg soccer match between Bayern Munich and Liverpool at the Allianz Arena, in Munich, Germany, Wednesday, March 13, 2019. (AP Photo/Kerstin Joensson)MUNICH — Trailing against Liverpool and desperate for goals as time wound down, Bayern Munich came up empty.Sure, the team still has a chance to win both the Bundesliga and the German Cup, but Wednesday’s 3-1 loss in the Champions League showed that Bayern is a club in decline.ADVERTISEMENT Nothing, however, helped provide the goals.Another sign of decline came from the other end of the field. Manuel Neuer, at one time considered to be the top goalkeeper in the world, has not been at his best since returning from a foot injury. He rushed out of goal to let Sadio Mane score Liverpool’s first.Bayern equalized when Liverpool defender Joel Matip scored an own-goal, but Virgil van Dijk made it 2-1 and Mane then struck again.Three years ago, Bayern recovered from a two-goal deficit at halftime to beat Juventus 4-2 at the same stage of the competition. They needed more of those goals on Wednesday, but never got them.“We lacked the courage to cause problems for the opponents’ defense,” Bayern defender Mats Hummels said. “It wasn’t a bitter exit like in the past years (to Real Madrid). This time we deserved to go out.”ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. UFC fighter Conor McGregor sued after recent outburst SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte P2.5 B shabu seized in Makati sting, Chinese national nabbed “It was very difficult because I was alone sometimes. I didn’t have help and I couldn’t do something,” Bayern forward Robert Lewandowski told Norwegian broadcaster Viasport. “If you are alone against two three players, good players, it is very difficult to play.”Bayern was playing without the injured Arjen Robben and the suspended pair of Thomas Mueller and Joshua Kimmich. Still, the sting of failing to progress to the Champions League quarterfinals for the first time in eight years will be felt for some time.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine ‍football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption charges“We didn’t risk so much,” said Lewandowski, Bayern’s main scoring threat. “We were playing at home but that’s not our game and I think that’s why Liverpool beat us.”Kingsley Coman came on as a substitute midway through the second half and caused some trouble for Liverpool’s defense. Leon Goretzka then replaced Javi Martinez and, with about 11 minutes to go, Renato Sanches came on for James Rodriguez. Trump campaign, GOP groups attack Google’s new ad policy In the Bundesliga, where Bayern has overturned a nine-point deficit to move ahead of Borussia Dortmund on goal difference, the team has scored 18 goals in its last five games. But much of its rise to the top of the league has come as a result of Dortmund’s lack of efficiency.And despite the prospect of two titles, Bayern’s thoughts are already turning to next season. The club is reportedly interested in 23-year-old Lille forward Nicolas Pepe, who has 17 goals in the French league this season, while Chelsea’s Callum Hudson-Odoi and Atletico Madrid’s Lucas Hernandez remain targets.Canadian youngster Alphonso Davies completed his transfer from the Vancouver Whitecaps in January, and Bayern has already signed World Cup winner Benjamin Pavard from league rival Stuttgart for next season.More new signings are expected, but the new arrivals will have little time to adjust to get Bayern back to where it wants to be.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Nextcenter_img LATEST STORIES Chief Justice Peralta vows to lead by example, bares 10-point program PLAY LIST 02:02Chief Justice Peralta vows to lead by example, bares 10-point program00:33Duterte mulling ban on plastic use02:37Even in death, Uighurs feel long reach of Chinese state02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss 1 dead, 3 injured in Quezon road crash MOST READ Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Lacson backs proposal to elect president and vice president in tandem Hong Kong tunnel reopens, campus siege nears end View commentslast_img read more

Read More

BlackBerry Blend service possibly coming with Passport

first_imgImages leaked online show that Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry has more than just the BlackBerry Passport headed to consumers. A service that allows users to use their smartphones remotely through tablets, laptops or desktops. This service is called BlackBerry Blend and may follow the BlackBerry Passport soon. The service was listed on BlackBerry World and first spotted on by Crackberry. With Blend, Blackberry users will be able to accomplish a variety of tasks from their choice of computer like sending and receiving texts, responding to BBM chats, access Blackberry Hub accounts, view appointments and agenda, create new entries in calendar, and also transfer files between their BlackBerry devices and the computer. Users will also be able to use company intranet securely with Blend if their devices have BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10. Tasks like creating backups of user data, restoring user data to a device and copying pictures, music and videos which earlier needed the Blackberry Desktop Software can also be accomplished using Blend.BlackBerry has recently been sending out invites worldwide to an event on the 24th of September. Invites have been spotted for events in Toronto, Dubai, London and Delhi. It’s expected that this event will see the unveiling of Blackberry Blend as well.Also at the event, Blackberry is expected to launch the 4.5 inch, QWERTY sporting Passport, a smartphone powered by a 2.2 Ghz Snapdragon 800, a resolution of 1440 x 1440 pixels, 3GB RAM, an Adreno 330 GPU and 32GB built in storage. A 13MP rear and 2MP front camera are also available on the device. The phone is a novelty in that it brings a physical keyboard back after smartphones have completely ditched the feature in recent years. advertisementlast_img read more

Read More