Dan Cohen AUTHOR Multiple jurisdictions surrounding Joint Base Langley-Eustis will begin a joint land use study shortly to limit incompatible development outside the joint base in the Hampton Roads region of Virginia.James City County, York County, Newport News and Hampton are participating in the effort. The study has been approved by the Defense Department; the Office of Economic Adjustment is expected to allocate funding after it reviews the scope of work for the study, the Virginia Gazette reported this week.The possibility of new development interfering with operations at Fort Eustis assumed greater urgency when BASF Corp. applied to change its land use designation in James City County’s comprehensive plan for land it owns along the James River to mixed use. The corporation is considering selling the property to a potential waterfront developer. DOD said development on that land could come into conflict with operations at Fort Eustis.At the time, Virginia Secretary of Veterans and Defense Affairs John Harvey Jr. urged the county to postpone any rezoning until after a joint land use study had been completed, according to the story.
A store recently launched its heritage bridal collection at a star property in central Delhi. The fash frat attended the fashion show over high tea. We saw Narendra Kumar, Poonam Bhagat, publisher Archana Pillai, Kavita Bhartia, Aki Narula, Fleur Xavier, Deepika Jindal and Anisha Munjal among others. Take a look
Dresden police on Sunday said they had received information from federal and state counterparts indicating a “concrete threat” against the right-wing populist group “Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamisation of the Occident”.There had been calls for would-be “assassins to mingle among the protesters and to murder an individual member of the organising team of the PEGIDA demonstrations”, police said in a notice on the 24-hour ban.This was consistent with “an Arabic-language Tweet that called the PEGIDA demonstrations an enemy of Islam,” it said. Also Read – Pro-Govt supporters rally as Hong Kong’s divisions deepenThe PEGIDA marches — which have voiced anger against Islam and “criminal asylum seekers” and vented a host of other grievances — began in Dresden in October with several hundred supporters and have since steadily grown.They drew a record 25,000 people last Monday, in the wake of the attacks by radical Islamists in Paris in which 17 people were killed.Also last Monday, some 100,000 Germans marched in nationwide counter-demonstrations against PEGIDA. Also Read – Pak Army ‘fully prepared’ to face any challenge: Army spokesmanDresden police said that after the latest information “and given the characteristics of terrorist attacks, we must assume the use of homicidal means and an immediate threat to life and limb of all participants of the demonstrations.”Because there were no individual suspects, Dresden police said it saw no alternative to the temporary suspension of the constitutional right to free assembly within city limits.However, PEGIDA earlier told its followers on Facebook that its 13th planned rally had been scrapped, citing a threat from the Islamic State jihadist group, and portraying the cancellation as its own decision. “What in police jargon is called an ‘abstract threat’ has changed to a ‘concrete death threat’ against a member of the organising team. IS terrorists have ordered his assassination,” it said in a statement.It had decided to call off the Dresden event as it could not guarantee the security of marchers and feared “collateral damage”.In a later press release, it said that after having failed to agree with police on a way to secure the march, it had “considered it irresponsible to expose our sympathisers and our city to incalculable risks.”
Incoming England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) chairman Colin Graves has given Kevin Pietersen a glimmer of hope that he may yet be able to resurrect his England career. Pietersen, 34, has not played for England since the ECB effectively called time on his international career following the disastrous Ashes tour of 2013-14.But with England toiling at the World Cup and Pietersen having spoken of his eagerness to return to the team, Graves has suggested that a return to English county cricket could open the door for a dramatic comeback. “The first thing he has to do if he wants to get back is start playing county cricket. The selectors and the coaches are not going to pick him if he’s not playing. It’s as simple as that. I’ll leave it at that,” Graves told BBC Radio 5 on Sunday. Also Read – Khel Ratna for Deepa and Bajrang, Arjuna for JadejaPietersen is currently without a county after leaving Surrey and although Graves is not an ECB selector, he believes a county return would help the outspoken South Africa-born batsman’s cause. Asked if he was in favour of Pietersen returning for England, Graves replied: “At the end of the day it’s down to the selectors and coaches and what they feel is best for English cricket. They will make the decisions and I will support their decisions.”