While it’s understood that the news that Watson could relinquish control of the Warriors has sparked interest in other prospective buyers, Davys says he’s pressing ahead with his interest in the club and he’s not being swayed by who the other potential owners might be.”That’s for Eric to decide, I’m focussed on what I’m doing to be fair,” Davys said.On Thursday, Warriors great Monty Betham launched a campaign for Warriors fans to buy the club.Logistically it might be tough to organise Betham’s crowd-sourced proposal fast enough when other interested parties are already down the track with their negotiations.But whoever does take control of the club will have to demonstrate to Warriors fans that the club would be heading in the right direction.When Sir Owen Glenn had his fall out with Watson he did suggest gifting his half of the club to Warriors fans. That didn’t eventuate and he sold his share back to Watson.Davys doesn’t feel it would be appropriate if there was a seat on the board for a representative from Warriors fans if he took over, but he does understand the frustrations supporters have had.”I do and that’s why I want to buy it, I’m a fan,” he said. “I sit there every year and there’s a taste of disappointment about the club.”It’s one of the reasons why I want to buy it.”For some, Davys has been seen as a knight in shining armour, who can at last bring success to the Warriors.However, he doesn’t regard himself in that manner.”Until I do something with the club and prove myself I think the jury is still out on me,” Davys said. “I don’t want to be seen as some messiah.”Warriors managing director Jim Doyle addressed players earlier this week to inform them about the ownership situation.A new owner wouldn’t have any effect on their current contracts and the hope is that they’ll be able to concentrate on the remaining games this season. Ownership discussions are out of the control of the players and management in Auckland.Even if someone has reached an agreement with Watson, it will still take a while for the documentation to be done and nothing will be concluded until well after the current season, so the club are continuing work on signing players for 2018.Davys acknowledges that while he’s making progress, it is going to be a couple more months before there is an official announcement.”That’s just realistic,” he said. “You’re not going to shake hands and say there’s the deal, these things take time.”The first thing is getting on the same page, the second is due diligence and the third is an agreement.”Personally, I think some of the media hype around this has jumped the gun.”Doing due diligence will allow Davys to look at the books and closely examine how the club operates.”You’ve got to look at the whole operation,” Davys said. “How much they spend on their football programme, how much is spent in the commercial department.”You’ve got to look at player contracts, agreements with the NRL and different agreements with players.”These days’ player contracts are quite interesting. In the old days you’d just sign up for a term and then renegotiate a contract, but when you get someone coming towards the end of their career, you might get someone promised a job or a promise to be an ambassador.”You have to look at all of these things.” Photo by: PHOTOSPORT Caption: Warriors fans and players won’t see a resolution on the ownership situation for a couple of months.
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Winfrey details her decision to withdraw from Simmons film Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Oklahoma City’s Corey Brewer, Brooklyn’s Caris LeVert, Miami’s Kelly Olynyk, and Dallas’ Dwight Powell are the NBA coaches while former WNBA champion Ruth Riley and former WNBA player Ebony Hoffman will also join the coaching team.Padrigao and Cortez will join 64 boys and girls from 16 different countries and territories who were chosen to be part of the program that will feature movement efficiency, positional skill development, shooting and skills competitions, and five-on-five games.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownThe camp will also include daily life skills seminars focusing on health, leadership, and communication.There will be one boy and one girl who will be named BWB Asia MVPs at the end of the four-day camp that Nike will outfit. Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Dave Chappelle donates P1 million to Taal relief operations LATEST STORIES Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Forthsky Padrigao. Photo from Fiba.comA couple of standouts from the Batang Gilas program have been chose to travel to India for the 10th edition of the NBA’s Basketball Without Borders Asia.Forthsky Padrigao and Raven Cortez are set to join the camps at NBA Academy from May 30 to June 2 that current NBA players and former WNBA stalwarts will coach.ADVERTISEMENT In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ China population now over 1.4 billion as birthrate falls MOST READ Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Weinstein rape trial Trump lauds NFL policy banning kneeling for national anthem Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View comments
While not giving the exact figure of the amount of money that has been released for the dredging of the Coomacka River at Region 10 (Upper Demerara-Berbice), Regional Chairman Renis Morian has said that “millions” was given for the project.In 2017, the community’s river suffered severe and intense erosion and at least half of it was rendered impassable. This was added to an already existing situation of intense flooding across the small remote farming community due to heavy rains. The situation had prompted response from the National Drainage and Irrigation Authority (NDIA) and regional officials who conducted numerous examinations to the affected areas. The Regional Chairman had pointed out that the situation wasA section of Coomacka under water in 2017partly due to the aftereffects of bauxite mining activities conducted in the community years ago.“Some millions have been released this year to start with the dredging of the river. Some of us will remember that the initial cost of the programme was in excess of six hundred million dollars, plus they wanted technical overview on how to deal with it. It’s like a hundred years bauxite mining, to clean up all them trucks from up there, chemicals left; you got to find the kind of trees to grow within the chemicals and a whole lot of studies high over my head. But I know for sure that monies have been allocated this year for that,” Morian said on Thursday.The Regional Chairman had asserted that the community has always suffered from erosion, an issue triggered by intense rainfall. At the time, the Regional Chairman had indicated that the area lacked maintenance which was not done in over 15 years. He said this eventually led to the situation worsening. An official had also noted that based on assessment, the situation had gotten so out of hand that one could walk across the river.
November 30 is the deadline for members of the Chamber of Commerce to vote for who they would like to represent them on their board of directors.Duties of a Chamber Board Director include:Attending monthly meetingcontribute to the organization by sitting on at least one committeesupporting the Chamber by attending chamber functions including mixers, luncheons, and special events.Th nominees who already sit on the board and are running for re-election are:Mindy Bing – current 1st Vice President – Driving ForceNelson Stowe – current 2nd Vice President – Ideal Office SolutionsRuss Beerling – current past President – Big IdeasKathy Miller – Director – Re/MaxMary Ann Parcells – Director – Pomeroy Lodging – Holiday Inn ExpressKarin Carlson – Director – River’s End Ventures- Advertisement -Additional nominees that have agreed to let their name stand for election include:Christopher Flury – WorleyParsonsKaren Otway – Employment ConnectionsDale Merwin – Century 21Rae Evans – Investor’s GroupChamber members were sent out the reminder, with a list of the candidates, and the ballot to be returned to the Chamber by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by midnight of the 30th.Results of the ballots will be announced at the first Chamber/board meeting in December.Advertisement
10 2. Neymar (Barcelona) – 36.1million followers on Instagram Some footballers are more than happy to let us into their world and give us a glimpse of their private lives.Snaps of training, artistic edits of them in action and personal snaps of their family and friends have helped bridge the gap between players and fans.But who are the most followed stars on Instagram? talkSPORT takes a look.Click the yellow arrow above, right, to find out which players have the most followers…You can follow talkSPORT on Instagram here 9= Marcelo (Real Madrid) – 8.2million followers on Instagram 3. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – 29.9million followers on Instagram 10 5. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid) – 11.2million followers on Instagram 10 9= Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) – 8.2million followers on Instagram 1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) – 38.6million followers on Instagram 7. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Paris Saint-Germain) – 9.8million followers on Instagram 10 8. Luis Suarez (Barcelona) – 8.3million followers on Instagram 6. David Luiz (Paris Saint-Germain) – 11million followers on Instagram 10 10 4. James Rodriguez (Real Madrid) – 16.5million followers on Instagram 10 10 10 10
While the 2012 Irish Budget is still a few weeks away, speculation is already escalating with regard to the tax changes that we might encounter this year.A proposal to further reduce tax relief on pension contributions is expected to be implemented on a phased basis over the coming years. Other changes include the possible introduction of a household tax of €100 and an increase in carbon taxes.The National Recovery Plan has also indicated a possible increase in the VAT rate from 21% to 23%.Michael Coll from Donegal company thetaxclinic.ie says now is the time to try and claw some cash back from the Government.“The likelihood is that we will be exposed to some fairly significant changes following the December 6th Budget. “The good news is that thetaxclinic.ie can help lessen the impact on your pocket by helping you claim back any taxes you may be owed from the last 4 years. With the average Irish tax refund at €880, can you afford not to apply?“There is only weeks left to claim back any taxes you may have overpaid in 2007, so act now and the Taxman could make it a very merry Christmas,” he said.To find out more log onto www.thetaxclinic.ie or contact the company’s new offices at 40 The Port Road Letterkenny.TIME TO CLAW BACK SOME CASH BEFORE BUDGET was last modified: November 23rd, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:letterkennyMichael CollThe Tax Clinic
Daniel O’Donnell and his business partner of 30 years, Mick Clerkin, has parted company.Clerkin forst spotted Daniel singing at a music festival in London in 1985 and signed him up to his own record label, Ritz Records.Clerkin resigned as a co-director of the touring company he owned with the Kincasslagh singer. He was replaced as director and company secretary of Brockwell Ltd by Daniel’s wife, Majella.The company had profits of €1.8million in its recent accounts.A spokesman for Daniel told the Irish Mail on Sunday that he had parted with the 76 year old businessman Mr Clerkin as a result of a mutual decision.Daniel O’Donnell and business partner of 30 years part ways was last modified: January 29th, 2017 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
A Garda Chief Superintendent told the Special Criminal Court in Dublin today that she believed a Co Donegal man was an IRA member in 2010.Chief Superintendent Terry Mc Ginn said that she believed that Philip McGavigan was a member of the IRA on February 2, 2010. She told the court that her belief was based on confidential information from a source and she added that she did not want to disclose that source.The court has heard that McGavigan told Gardaí that he had travelled to an isolated rural house, which had been placed under surveillance by armed detectives, to poach deer by lamp light.McGavigan (aged 50), of Coneyburrow, Lifford has pleaded not guilty to membership of an unlawful organisation, namely the Irish Republican Army, otherwise Oglaigh na hEireann, otherwise the IRA, on February 2nd last year.Chief Superintendent McGinn said that she had been attached to the Special Detective Unit and the National Surveillance Unit between 1985 and 1991 investigating the activities of terrorist organisations.She said that she also investigated terrorist financing when she worked in the money laundering unit after her promotion to Inspector in 1995.Chief Supt McGinn said that in 2009 Gardaí in Co Donegal targetted an IRA group in the Lifford, Sion Mills and Stranorlar area which was involved in various activities, including tiger kidnappings and shootings.Cross examined by defence counsel Mr Brian Mc Cartney QC (stet), Chief Supt McGinn claimed privilege in relation to the confidential source who had identified McGavigan as an IRA member.The trial resumes next Tuesday.GARDA: ‘TOUT TOLD ME LIFFORD MAN WAS IN IRA’ was last modified: May 19th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
A man who was approached by Gardai as he was sitting as a passenger in a car told them he would kill them if he wanted to.Mark Loughrey, 23, a barber with his own business, was approached by Gardai while sitting in the car at Chapel Street, Stranorlar on April 6th.When questioned by Gardai he called them PSNI informants and said they were in bed with the PSNI. On another occasion Loughrey, who is originally from Strabane, reversed into another car while driving a black Ford Focus before driving off.When he was spotted by Gardai he sped off in the direction of Glenfin Road and refused to stop despite Gardai activating their flashing blue lights.Other vehicles including a keep were forced to swerve to avoid him and he eventually crashed into a ditch.He ran off after the crash but was apprehended by Gardai, had no driving license or insurance and was found to be over the legal drink-driving limit when tested.Solicitor for Loughrey, Mr Donagh Cleary said the reason for the PSNI reference was because there had been an incident when he had been wrongfully arrested in the North.However Mr Cleary apologised for this client’s behaviour and said alcohol was the common denominator in his behaviour.Judge Paul Kelly told Letterkenny District Court that Loughrey needs to get himself sorted out.He adjourned the case to allow for a probation report into Loughrey and also ordered him to do a driver’s course.MAN SPAT IN GARDA CAR AND CALLED OFFICERS PSNI SCUMBAGS was last modified: May 28th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GardaiMark LoughreyPSNIStranorlar
A Raphoe man who rammed a garda car twice during a high-speed chase has been jailed for two years.Jonathon Ayton fled towards Northern Ireland in the early hours of April 13 last year was jailed for two years for burglary, at Donegal Town Circuit Court. 42-year-old Ayton of The Close, Raphoe was driving at speeds in excess of 170 kph as he drove a Toyota Avensis car that was taken from the home of a Killybegs couple in the early hours of April 13 last year.Ayton, who had 102 previous convictions, had been released from prison just three days before the high-speed chase.He has 72 previous convictions from courts in Northern Ireland and 30 convictions from courts in the Republic of Ireland including several from Letterkenny courts and a court in Galway, the court was told.When gardai apprehended the defendant after the high-speed chase at Meenbog on a road that led to Castlederg, County Tyrone, he was wearing plastic yellow gloves that he threw into a stream.Before his capture, a tyre on the Avensis burst, but the defendant continued to drive the vehicle, the court was told.The defendant’s boot prints were found at the home of Sean and Anne Rodgers, Fintra Road, Killybegs where the burglary happened, the court heard.42-year-old Jonathn Ayton, The Close, Raphoe admitted charges of burglary at Fintra Road, Killybegs on April 13 last year. He also pleaded guilty to dangerous driving at Meenbog, Ballybofey on the same date.The defendant was given a five months concurrent jail sentence for this offence. The defendant was to get credit for time already served.Related charges of unlawful use of a vehicle and dangerous driving on the same date, were taken into account before Judge John Aylmer, at the Circuit Court.Man who rammed Garda car twice during high-speed chase jailed for two years was last modified: November 3rd, 2017 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:chasedonegalGardaijailedJonathon AytonRaphoeSpeed